Friday, April 30, 2021

Courier Tales

 I was delivering a small refrigerator to a department in a hospital.  The supervisor wasn't in so I told the nurse who I know, "tell your boss that there's a rule that when you deliver a refrigerator to someone, the next time the delivery person comes back there needs to be a piece of chocolate cake waiting inside of it.  She laughed and said she would tell her boss.  A week or two later I  delivered to the same department and I saw the supervisor.  Before I could say a word, she was smiling(looking at her eyes). I asked about the chocolate cake and she laughed and said, "I don't have any, but I have some cheese." Cheese just doesn't cut it in this situation.

The woman I deliver to who checked out my shorts not to long ago, I've been teasing her each time I make a delivery to her. Today, was different.  I said to her, "I'm wearing my red, Santa Claus shorts today just for you. I watched her eyes and they did not move, she refused to look at my shorts.  I started laughing and said, "you're not even going to take a peek?" She was laughing too, but I think she looked when I walked away.

Greg Norman is a famous golfer and he has a very fancy steak house in North Myrtle Beach.  It's called Greg Norman's Australian Grille and I deliver office products to their office.  The office is located outside the restaurant and up two flights of stairs.  They consistently order a couple boxes of paper, one is 44 pounds and the other is 66 pounds. Carrying them up the stairs one at a time is difficult, but I can still manage.  She did offer to have a young guy do it, but I'm still able to get it done.  The last time I was there she apologized and I made her laugh.  I said, "you know I'm probably the only person in the world who associates Greg Norman's restaurant with pain." To make her laugh more I told her the story below and showed her the picture too.

Delivering to houses and condos and townhouses is usually difficult, but when there's no elevator for the condo, it becomes a little ridiculous. Sometime last year, this customer ordered four very small boxes of paper and I walked them up the four flights to her door.  They weren't heavy and I was very grateful they weren't the larger ones.  I wasn't so lucky this past month.  It was my last stop and I had three, 44 pound boxes and a large box.  I called her on the phone and asked, "did they put in an elevator yet?"  She said, "I'm so sorry.  Can you bring them up to my door?" She wasn't home and I made the four trips.  About half way done, I started to laugh. When I finished, I sat down on the ground next to the paper and made an exhausted face and took a selfie.  I sent it to her and said, "Don't feel badly."  She replied and clearly enjoyed it.




No comments:

Post a Comment