Sunday, October 4, 2026

Short Stories From September 2026

HOW MUCH WOULD YOU PAY FOR THIS?



To me this looks like an old metal container that was run over by a big truck. My wife and I saw this in a rock shop and it's called, "Turquoise." The price on the bottom is $5,900.  Any buyers, I'll send you the address.


HOW DO YOU TURN A $50 BILL INTO A $20 BILL?

As many of you know, technology is not my thing, however, this story is pretty unique.  After getting a $50 bill as a tip I took a picture of it and turned it around to post it on Facebook and my blog. Somehow, I managed to come up with this picture, seriously. I wish I could turn $20 bills into $50 bills. I have no clue what I did, but this is the $50 bill I received.


DID YOU KNOW THIS?

I learned this month that Canada celebrates Thanksgiving on our Columbus Day? They have a big turkey dinner on Sunday and they are celebrating autumn. Do other countries celebrate seasons of the year?

"MORE TIME FOR YOU"

I have finished my second book, but it's been on hold. My second editor who was going to help me get it on Amazon suddenly got very sick and she's recovering.  Hopefully, this fun, easy to read book will be out in October.


A SPECIAL RIDE ON A FAMOUS TRAIN

At the end of the month my wife and I spent a few hours at the Colorado Railroad Museum with our son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter.  The famous Thomas The Tank Engine was there and we all took a ride around the museum facility led by Thomas.  Pictured below is the entrance/exit to the partially indoor/outdoor museum. Our two-year-old granddaughter could have spent the rest of the day playing with the small trains and train tracks.



SHE HAD WHAT ON HER FACE?

Our two-year-old granddaughter told my wife that she had shmutz on her face. It's German for dirt. She's heard her mom say the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment