Tuesday, October 22, 2019

The Night I Defended Three Democrats

Maybe there was a full moon, but I not only defended three Democrats in one night, I did it to a Democrat who was knocking them.  A friend of mine down here is a Democrat from New York and although we differ on many issues, we do enjoy discussing them.  I was talking on the phone with him when this all began.

I told him that I just finished reading former Democrat Senator Al Franken's book and it was very good.  I said that I thought he was pushed out too quickly and he was not given a chance to defend himself against improper advances to several women.(although it looked bad)  My friend said he was guilty and he needed to resign.  I think he was sacrificed to go after the President, who has been accused of things by a number of women.  I'm pretty sure I did not change his mind.

The second Democrat I defended was former Vice-President Joe Biden.  I said that he was very well liked and I felt he was pretty honest.  My friend would have none of that and said in so many words that he's a politician for a long time and certainly has done many things over that time that were dishonest.  He didn't convince me.

The third Democrat I defended was the big one-Franklin Delano Roosevelt!  I couldn't believe it!  Although he did have some critics in his own party at the time, he is widely considered the greatest President we've ever had or right behind Abraham Lincoln.  My friend was upset that he apparently had an affair as President.  I reminded him that Eleanor supposedly had a relationship with another woman at the same time when they were in the White House.  I suggested that it was possible that they had discussed it and they had some kind of arrangement.  Of course, this is just speculation, but it is possible.  I didn't score any points with my friend on this one either.

It's not too often that a Republican defends a Democrat and three in one night for different reasons, was probably a record.  When it comes to politics these days, we do live in interesting times and you never know what will happen.




No comments:

Post a Comment