Tuesday, November 8, 2022

I Voted In South Carolina

 It was the first time that I have voted in person and I wasn't sure how easy or what it would be like.  I think all the schools were closed and they used the cafeteria in the high school that is almost across the street from our development. There was a good crowd around 9 am, with two lines and 30-40 people in each one.

The back of my driver's license was scanned and I signed the computer. I used to sign a book so this was a little different.  A ballot was printed out for me. There were nine computer terminals lined up next to each other on the right.  There was no booth with a curtain which is how I was used to voting in New Jersey. The line moved quickly. I put the ballot in and voting began.

I did not recall being able to vote completely one ticket by pressing one button, but the option was there. It was fast and I moved on to the last part and inserted my ballot in a machine and it read, "finished" or something like that and the lady gave me an, "I voted sticker."

I was walking out of the building with this little sticker, but what do you do with it? I was going home, so it seemed silly to put on my shirt.  I put it on my head just to get this picture below. I was there about twenty minutes and hopefully it will be this easy in two years for the presidential election. You know it's not easy taking a picture of your own forehead, it's easier voting. (I took the picture at home, did you really think I took it out in public?)




No comments:

Post a Comment