Tuesday, February 13, 2024

MY "LIFE WITH YOU"

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone.  

Over the years there have been thousands of love songs, but I was wondering on this Valentine's Day, what are the top ten love songs of all-time? As you can imagine there is no consensus and after looking at five different lists, here are 12 songs that were mentioned most, not in any order:

"Unchained Melody"  The Righteous Brothers       "Can't Help Falling In Love" Elvis Presley

"Something" The Beatles                                         "God Only Knows" The Beach Boys"

"Endless Love" Diana Ross and Lionel Richie      "I Will Always Love You" Whitney Houston

"At Last" Etta James                                   "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'" The Righteous Brothers

"When A Man Loves A Woman" Percy Sledge       "My Heart Will Go On" Celine Dion

"All Of Me" John Legend                                    "How Deep Is Your Love" The Bee Gees



This picture is of my wife, Monika and I on our second date at Great Adventure in Jackson, New Jersey in May of 1980.  I don't remember why we were sitting in the trunk, but we were a really good fit for the car and for each other. (I may have been trying to get out of the sun?)

During Christmas week I was Ubering early in the morning and I happened to hear a country song I had never heard before. I thought it was perfect and I immediately thought of my wife of 40 years.  She's been the best thing that's ever happened to me and I wanted to wish her a Happy Valentine's Day.  

The words to this song are great, but the music is worth hearing.  Copy the below link and put it in your browser and listen to this song by Kelsey Hart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfbIWWZdtoE


Life With You

by Kelsey Hart


If you're on a porch screen baby, I'm on it 

If you want a night out, baby, I'm all in

If you want a coin flip, road trip, anywhere you want to go

Baby, just call it


If you're on a dancefloor movin' a mountain

Wanna find some laid back and let down your brown hair

You call the shots, whether I'm ready or not

And, I don't care


Baby, I love doing life with you.

You're everything I wanna to wake up to

Give you all my heart, the moon, and the stars

'Til my time here on earth is through

'Cause I just love, baby, I love doing life with you.


I ain't gonna be there just for the sunshine

I'll hold your hand while we stand in the rain

I'll be your forever, and not just your sometimes

I'll be your calm in your hurricane


Baby, I love doing life with you.

You're everything I wanna to wake up to

Give you all my heart, the moon, and the stars

'Til my time here on earth is through

'Cause I just love, baby, I love doing life with you, yeah


Thought I was good on my own

Takin' life on a loan

But that was before my heart had a home


'Cause baby, I love doing life with you.

You're everything I wanna to wake up to

Give you all my heart, the moon, and the stars

'Til my time here on earth is through

'Cause I just love, baby, I love doing life with you

Doin' life with you


Songwriters Kelsey Hart/Kyle Schlienger/Scott Stepakoff

Life With You lyrics  Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd.

No comments:

Post a Comment