Saturday, September 1, 2018

Now There's Three of Us

No, we did not get a puppy-yet.  And, we did not adopt a child either.  Obviously, it's not what you might think I mean, but I think it's funny.

This past Monday was a beautiful morning, as Monday's usually are.  As I walked into a LabCorp facility to make a delivery of some boxes, I immediately saw a guy standing there with a big grin on his face.  I had never met him, but I immediately liked him.

I greeted him by saying, "how are you today?" and with that big grin he told me he was doing "great, since it's Monday."  I immediately jumped all over that and told him, "Monday is the best day of the week."  He laughed at that and gave me a positive response. 

I told him that my youngest daughter and I call today "Magnificent Monday" and he chuckled at that and said he "liked that."  Finally I told him, "now there's three of us," and he laughed more.

When I asked him his name he said, "Jerry," and then I laughed.  I told him, "no wonder we agree on this, your first name and my first name have the same letters.  He laughed again as I headed out the door.

It wasn't until I got home that my wife reminded me that many years ago I considered the name "Jerry" as my twin when I was getting mail addressed to Jerry Hoenig.  I can't wait to go back and see my new friend, because I know he's going to laugh at that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment