Friday, February 22, 2019

It's Christmas In February!

For those of you in the New Jersey area you may remember the old "Crazy Eddie" commercials of the mid-80's.  Crazy Eddie was was an electronics store, but the actor who did the commercial was hysterical.  The commercial would end with "Come to Crazy Eddie, the prices are insane."  He also did commercials for them that said it was Christmas in July, which is where my title comes from.

There must be an age that people stop looking forward to presents around the holidays, but I don't know what that age is.  I liked getting presents when I was a kid, but somewhere in the past few decades it's just okay and not something I look forward to much.  I'm not sure why, but I don't think I'm alone in thinking that.

However, I did receive a present this week, which was like a Christmas or Hannukah present. (we celebrate both)  My son sent me a box with shirts that he no longer wanted and I have to admit I enjoyed opening the box and pulling out one shirt after another.  Many of them looked brand new, although I know they weren't new.  I tried them on and liked them all, which is odd.  I'm not big on buying or getting clothes, but somehow this was different.

I wore my first "new" shirt today for work and took a selfie(which I almost never do) and sent it to my wife and kids.  I think I look younger in these "new" shirts.  Or, it could be my imagination.  So, as February is coming to a close, I got to celebrate the holidays a little bit this week.  If only it would snow here in South Carolina, that would be a Christmas miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment