Friday, February 15, 2019

The Triple-Decker Sandwich

WARNING: Do not read this now if you are hungry. Go to your kitchen and eat something unhealthy before you come back to read this.

There's something about going to a diner that makes we want a triple-decker sandwich.  I've always loved them-I think I got that from my Mom.  It doesn't matter if it's turkey or roast beef or corned beef and pastrami, triple-decker sandwiches are the best.  I'm not sure what I love most about them, is it the large amount of meat inside, the coleslaw or russian dressing, or could it be that there are three slices of bread? Nah, it's probably all three I love.

A few days ago I went to make my lunch for the next day and took everything out of the fridge.  I was down to my last few slices of bread and I made a baloney and cheese sandwich and put it in a baggie for the next day.

Around 11 am the next day, I started eating the sandwich(while driving) and I knew right away that something was wrong. It tasted different.  I was surprised to see that there was not two, but three slices of bread.  How did I make this sandwich without noticing there were three slices of bread and not two?  I have no clue, but I liked how it tasted.

It's true, I could have used more baloney and cheese or at least put some of it between the two slices that were lined up perfectly.  Still, I enjoyed my new creation, the baloney and cheese triple bread slices, sandwich.

If you're bored with the same old sandwich, throw an extra slice of bread into your lunch.  It may not be healthy, but it sure is more filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment