Thursday, April 11, 2019

Empty Nesters and Eating The Southern Barbecue

When do you really become an "empty nester?" It's usually pretty easy to figure out.  When your last child leaves home and isn't coming back and you're all alone.  Our third child graduated college in December and has been staying with us on and off since then before she starts her first job.  She left on Sunday flying to Chicago for training and then to China for five weeks. She is officially a software developer.  Now, we just have a lot of her stuff, but I guess that's pretty normal.

Before she left she wanted to go to this "all-you-can-eat" barbecue place and she really had to twist my arm for that.   Saturday night I filled up a couple of plates and enjoyed eating it, especially the fried chicken and ribs.  She enjoyed it too.  It was a nice was to give her a "southern send-off" since she also spent four years going to school in Atlanta.

The icing on the cake was walking out of the restaurant and finding two lonely dollar bills in the parking lot.  I probably had my best day getting tips driving for Uber and Lyft, but I never imagined I would get tipped at the restaurant too.

No comments:

Post a Comment