Tuesday, April 2, 2019

The Search For Sleet

I did not say, "the search for sleep."  That is something that almost everyone does each week.  (I also did not say "The Search for Spock", for those of you who are "Star Trek" fans).  Sleet is not something that anyone ever looks for, but I like to be a little different.

The winter weather in Myrtle Beach has been more rainy than usual, but still we had some beautiful days.  We had just come off  3 or 4 really nice days in the 60's and 70's until Monday afternoon hit.  The beautiful morning turned into some rain and dreariness.

Tuesday, today, was weather that reminded me of New Jersey.  For a good part of the day it was in the low to mid 40's and raining.  I was out delivering and it was miserable.  For a couple hours there was heavy rain and a blustery wind.

That's where the sleet should have come in.  It wasn't quite cold enough for sleet, but it looked and felt like it. I kept looking for it, but it never came down.  However, somewhere in northern South Carolina there was snow.  That would have been fun to see, I'm still waiting for it here.

I got soaked in the heavy rain.  I was prepared.  I had two rain hats, a hood and I even switched to my winter hat it was so cold.  My hood is still wet five hours after I arrived home.  My front seat got wet either from my jacket or from me sitting on it.  It finally stopped raining around 3 pm, but it was still almost New Jersey cold.

The forecast for tomorrow is sunny and in the mid to high 60's and I'm going to wear shorts.  The weekend will be in the 70's.  There's still no chance of sleet, so the search continues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment