Friday, June 28, 2019

Is This Normal?

I don't like the word normal, I'd rather not be normal.  Maybe a better word would be "common."  So I"m asking, "is this common?"  Our neighbors across the street moved a few weeks ago.  We liked them, but didn't get to spend much time talking with them.  At some point they had a friend staying with them and the guy parked his car directly behind our driveway.  This meant that every morning in the dark I would back out and have to watch for the car behind me.

If he had moved back a little or parked on the other side of their driveway there would have been no problem.  I didn't say anything, because I figured it was very temporary.  I also could not believe that someone would consistently park behind someone's driveway.  Wouldn't it have dawned on them that maybe they should not park there?

One day the car was gone and then the wife across the street started parking in the same place.  Still, I said nothing and then they moved.  A woman moved in across the street with two teenagers.  We're not sure how many cars are there, but they frequently park a big truck right behind our driveway.  There is a rule here that you can't park on the street, but they probably don't know that.

Is this really common or is it unusual?  Unless I was parking at a party I can't see ever parking directly behind someone's driveway.  Sooner or later I'm going to say something, but since we haven't met them yet, it's not about to happen. 

It's probably not normal to blog about this problem, but I do feel better now that it's off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment