Monday, November 11, 2019

Just A Reminder: It's Never Too Early For Christmas!

This morning at 5:15 am I walked outside towards my car. The temperature was a "freezing" 45 degrees, so I put on my winter hat.  I felt ridiculous, because it wasn't really cold for me, but 45 degrees is very cold down here.  I was wearing shorts and two light jackets also and I was in a really good mood.  No surprise there, it was a Monday, my favorite day of the week.

It was totally unexpected what happened next.  My wipers cleared the windows and I realized I might actually have some ice on them in a couple mornings. (don't miss that)  I turned on the radio and there it was-a Christmas song!  And, after that song, came another one and I realized that one of the local stations had changed their format for the holidays-Christmas music all the time!

Years ago, I had come home after work around Thanksgiving time and I had enjoyed listening to Christmas music on the radio.  My youngest daughter said, "it's too early for Christmas," and I quickly replied, "It's never too early for Christmas.'  That inspired me to write a song by that name.

I didn't listen to the station all day today, but I did enjoy hearing a number of songs.  I know that some of you couldn't care less and some of you really do think it's too early for Christmas music, but I love hearing many of the songs.  I enjoy hearing multiple singers singing the same song and hearing how they sing it differently.

If Christmas music in mid-November doesn't bring a smile to your face, how about this?  When you're getting up in the morning with your cup of coffee tomorrow, or trying to get the little "sleepies" out of your eyes, I'm driving down the road in my van singing Christmas music!

Yes, I can see you smiling right now-it's never to early for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment