Tuesday, November 12, 2019

What My Riders Say About Me

Earlier in the year I wrote about some of the comments my Uber riders have made on the app about me and the ride I've given them.  Next month I will have reached 2,000 Uber rides, so I thought I would tell you about a few more comments I've had this year. Very few people actually take the time to make a comment, but some of them are really terrific.  Here are a few:

"I FORGOT I WAS IN AN UBER, IT FELT LIKE A RIDE WITH A FRIEND."

If I had to just write about one comment, this would be the one.  If I had to describe what my goal was when I pick someone up, this would explain it.  Sure, I want to get them safely to where they are going, but for the most part, I treat them like a friend who I haven't met and there dozens, maybe a few hundred, I wish I could drive again."

"PERFECT UBER DRIVER AND PERFECT UBER VEHICLE."

As you know I am not perfect, but my van probably is.  I have had countless people compliment and rave about my van and it really is ideal for driving Uber.  Many people comment that they've never seen or been in a car like mine and I usually say, "that's why I'm here, just to show you the car."

"VERY FRIENDLY AND A GOOD DRIVER.  OPENED AND CLOSED OUR DOORS FOR US LIKE A GENTLEMAN."

I try when I can to open and close doors for women especially and sometimes men too.  My side doors can be a little difficult for some, so it makes sense to do it.  Also, it gets me out of the van and I can stretch my legs."

'WOW, WHERE DO I EVEN START WITH JEFFREY.  WE HAD A MAGICAL EVENING RIDE, THOUGH IT WAS ONLY A MILE DRIVE.  WE REALLY BONDED. JEFFREY AND I ARE GOING TO BE PERFORMING A NIGHTLY STAND-UP ROUTINE ONCE HE AND MONIKA SETTLE DOWN IN CHARLESTON.  I WILL BE DEBUTING ON THE BLOG NEXT WEEK AND THINGS ARE ON THE UP AND UP."

You can tell easily that this passenger enjoyed her ride in my car.  If she didn't mention a couple specific details, I still would have known exactly who this was due to her outgoing personality and unique way of speaking.  She is one of my favorite riders of the month and I'll be writing more details about our "magical" one mile trip at the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment