Thursday, December 24, 2020

110 Days

 You may not remember 111 days ago, but I do.  It was Saturday, September 5th and it was a fun day.  Our son and his new dog were visiting and I did not work at all that day.  I only bring it up today, because that was the last day I did not work at all.  I didn't realize it until the other day, but today, Thursday, December 24th, is the 110th straight day I've worked.

There was a Sunday a couple months ago that I technically did not make any money.  I had gotten a long Uber ride to Atlanta on Saturday evening and dropped off my passenger at midnight. I drove home later in the morning and arrived around noon.  You would have to consider that part of the work ride on Saturday and I was paid very nicely for the ride.

How does someone work 110 days in a row? One day at a time and it was not a big deal. Many people can't wait for the weekend, because they've worked hard all week. It's true for me that driving Uber does not seem like work, but it is.  I'm very relaxed and having a good time and getting no physical exercise.  I am getting paid, so it really is work.

Tomorrow is Christmas and I'm not working and on Sunday I'm taking a second day off.  I think I probably earned it. Will I ever work so many consecutive days? Probably not, but because of the virus I had more days off this year than last year, yet I still worked 110 consecutive days. Last year I had about five weekends off and some holidays and this year I had at least 15 weekends off and some holidays.

Merry Christmas to some and Happy New Year to all. Two days off out of the next three days! I'm sure Monday I'll be raring to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment