Friday, December 18, 2020

It's Just Not For Me

 Let's face it, we are all different.  We have our likes and dislikes and at the same time, someone can look at those and say, "how can you not like peanut butter?" (it seriously stinks) Or, "what do you mean you don't like cottage cheese?" (I've been told even dogs like it) 

I've always considered myself to be a little different and there are some pretty normal things that are really, "just not for me."  I made a short list for your amusement, or just mine.

BAND AIDS- I know they come in handy and I use them, but they just don't stay on me. As a courier, I am constantly cutting myself a little here and a little there. Fingers, hands, and legs are the main places. As soon as I put them on, they start running away and falling off.  The worst places for me are on my fingers and when I put my hands in my pocket for my keys, a pen, my phone, forget it.  I have no idea how many band aids I've left somewhere, but they are just not for me.

CHEESECAKE: I absolutely love cheese, just cut some up and it's gone. (having some for a snack tomorrow) Give me a slab of cheese and I'll cut pieces off and I will love it. Cake, are you kidding? Make it chocolate and I'll finish it, no problem.  However, cheese and cake together to me sounds like applesauce on french fries.  I may have tasted cheesecake once, but I have no interest, it's not for me.

SUNGLASSES: I don't like things on my face.  I already have a nose and it's a good size and those things hanging on both sides of my head, they have to be there too.  But sunglasses, no way.  I tried it a few years ago for a few weeks and I hated it.  If it's light out, I want light not dark.  Does sun glare bother me, yes it does, but not as much as sunglasses on me. One rider of mine said, "so you don't like sunglasses, but you have no problem with your hand in front of your face." Yes, that is correct, I don't like driving with a hat on my head either, I like to be completely naked there and on my eyes too. Sunglasses? They are just not for me.

GLOVES: I like my hands naked too.  When I shovel snow, (wish I was now), the only thing I hate is wearing gloves and I will frequently take them off so my hands can breathe. When I was delivering newspapers or magazines, there is no way of wearing gloves because you can't count or separate anything with a glove on. Why would I want my hands to sweat? Gloves are just not for me.

APPS: These days I am told there are apps for everything to have on your phone. Is there an app to get rid of these apps that are unnecessary.  A few months back someone at work looked at my phone and said, "where are all your apps?" I told him that's it and I want to get rid of some of them.  K.I.S.S., is a famous acronym for "Keep It Simple Sweetheart." I want to be able find the app that I need immediately, I don't want to send out a search party to find something.  Other people like to have dozens and dozens and dozens of apps on their fancy phone, but it's not for me.

BARKING DOGS: Fortunately, there are some dogs that rarely bark, I even met one recently.  But, these dogs that don't stop barking, WHY? Are they barking for help, food, or do they need directions to get away from me. When I deliver to a house and the human being cannot open the door and the dog is barking as if I am taking his food, how do people live like that? Are they being paid to keep the dog? I believe that "silence is golden," especially when it comes to dogs.  Barking dogs? Are you kidding, they are not for me .

I know, there is probably some therapist somewhere out there, (maybe California), who is rubbing his chin and saying, "he has some real issues." Honestly, I couldn't care less, it's just not for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment