Wednesday, December 30, 2020

December Rider Comments

(married yesterday-Age 27) Him: "I knew I was going to marry her when I was 13. I tried to date her younger sister so I could see her."  Her: "For our second date he drove six hours one way to take me to dinner."

Female: "I think we(Jewish people) are genetically coded that we enjoy humor on an entirely different level."

As he got in the car the real estate lawyer said to me. "You can take the mask off, it doesn't matter to me I had it in June."

Male: "My Dad taught me how to fly when I was 9 years old and I was sitting on a telephone book in the cockpit. I got my pilot's license when I was 15, before my driver's license."

Female: "I first saw his picture in a company newsletter and I told my parents and friends I was going to marry him. When we were dating for two months I said to him, "I don't know what you're doing the rest of your life, but I'm going to marry you." He said, "I'm going to marry you."

(Woman in her 20's) "All girls are crazy, but you just need to find YOUR OWN crazy."

Architect: "The Ravenel Bridge in Charleston was made to look like two sailboats from the distance. There are 128  cables on it."

When I asked the two couples what they thought the two structures on the Ravenel bridge looked like, the woman who had not been drinking said, "boobs."(really sailboats)

Server: "I don't know how people dress in the morning.  The other day a man sat down on our bench in front of the restaurant and he was "butt naked." He may have come from the beach.  He wanted water, but we got him a cop.  Some of the girls took pictures."

"I was recently traveling in Mexico as a special guest and I wore a mask, I didn't want to pee in someone's cornflakes."

"You can't shovel sunshine. My friends up north don't like me saying that."

Male: "I work a 24 hour shift as a fireman, go home and work out for an hour, and then go to my part-time job. I sleep about 5 hours when I get home."

Running late coming out to my car, he said, "you know what it's like, women always want one extra kiss."

Me: "I'm supposed to pick up 'Outlaw', is that your real name? Her: "No it's my e-mail address."

Female: "I had been in South Carolina only a couple months and could not go home for Thanksgiving.  I was at a bar and started talking with a couple on Thanksgiving and they invited me back to their house for their Thanksgiving Dinner and I had a great time."

"I had a choice of going to UCLA or Coastal Carolina and I chose Coastal Carolina because a friend was going here. I think I made the wrong choice, because we're no longer friends."

Female(early 20's) about her friend sitting next to her: "There was a guy going to get a ride in a Uber and he said to her, 'come into my Uber with me.' I said, what are you thinking, she's my 21 year-old daughter." His reply was, "she can think for herself."

"All the nice people in the south are from New Jersey."

Me: "What was the best thing about growing up in California?" Woman: " The first time I got high was with her and her sister." The other woman said, " My Mom, my Dad, and my grandmother all grew weed on their own."

Male barber to me: "You earned your hair loss by living a long time."

We had a sorority event in Charlottesville bar and we got into an Uber that had flowers and butterflies taped to the ceiling of the car.  The driver said, 'did you know that bar is the most popular gay bar in town-I get all my boyfriends there."

"My favorite quote is, 'A closed mouth does not get fed'. It means that you have to go out and get what you want."

"Our Great Dane is only four months old, but when he pees, it like a lake."

Female: "I started eating uncooked pasta as a kid and I still eat it now, sometimes I just snack on it."

Male: "I've eaten uncooked noodles, but they'll kill you when they come out."

Male: "I lost my job in March and I was pretty down for a few months, but I was hired by Google and it's a better paying job in Austin, Texas."

She: "Do you have any favorite rider stories?" Me: "We don't have that much time."

Female agreeing with me: "I would eat barbecue now."(7 am)

Me: "What's the best part of living on a boat for six years?" Him: "The front yard view of the water, but I do miss trimming my shrubs."

(15 year old male) "You don't look 60, I thought you were 40."  Saying goodbye he said, "enjoy being 40."

Me: "How did you handle the 70-30% ratio of girls to guys at the College of Charleston?" Guy: "I'd like to think I handled it with grace and aplomb."

Her name, "Sabra" has two meanings- 'a native of Israel' and 'red cactus plant.'

Male: "I know a Vietnamese family that eats uncooked ramen like a candy bar."

Female Urologist: "I learned how to fly when I was a kid and got my pilot's license before my driver's license.  It was expected since both my parents were pilots."

"My family is all creative, we're a very right-brained family."

Male: "I was a New England Patriot fan until they started kneeling during the National Anthem.  I haven't watched a game this year."

Me: "What's the best thing about being on the road all the time driving a tractor trailer?" Him: "Nothing, there's no upside.  The only motivation is the money."

(Older woman asking me) "Do you put in the tip?" Me: "Yes, it's usually $55." (I wish I had said that)

"Earlier in the year we flew in a private plane and it was so easy so I bought a plane and finally got my pilot's license."

"Our third child is out golden child, he just has this twinkle in his eyes like his Dad."

Recovering alcoholic: "If you have enough pain, you can overcome anything. A bottle is not worth prison."

Male: "Our two and four year old's are handfuls, but they are so freaking cute."

Helicopter pilot: "When you see an orange sky in the morning it means that a storm is coming."

"Our truck repair business is up 35% this year and we don't know why."

"Our first date was at a Mexican Restaurant and we spent six hours there talking. The staff wasn't too happy with us."

Female about their boyfriends, "They met us at a stripper joint." (not)

"We're going to Isle of Palms to get our car. Uh oh, I think the keys are locked in the car."

"All you need at work is a little caring."

Getting in my car she said, "Where are we going? Just kidding, I know where I live."

Hospital Pharmacist: "I have two good friends who are nurses and they only wear a mask when they have too. I don't understand it."

(Grew up in Anchorage, Alaska) "Alaska is beautiful and a great place to visit, but not to live."

(Just retired) "I don't miss the daily stress, but I do miss the people."

Female: "When I wear the right clothes, I look good."

Female bartender: "We once had a guy go crazy, just running around the bar.  It must have been drugs because he had only two drinks. We had to call the cops."

"Our kids are grown, they don't want anything to do with us."

"I've had two doctors tell me that masks were not effective."

"No one wants to be told what to F'N do."

"The best thing about doing nails is seeing the before and after."

"The best thing about living in South Dakota is you can go 80 mph on the highway and everyone knows you."



No comments:

Post a Comment