Monday, March 29, 2021

My Tissues Aren't Angry Anymore, But My Hygenist Is!

 Six months ago my visit to the dentist was hysterical due mainly to my hygienist who I nicknamed "TY", since they are letters in her name.  I promised her when I came back this month that I would bring her the blog I wrote as a wedding present since she was about to get married.  As soon as she saw me today, she mentioned the gift and I completely forgot about it.  She wasn't mad, but I felt badly so I have made it up to her.

She is very funny and we immediately started laughing.  She asked about any changes in my health and I told her I did get a tooth pulled and if I get another ten pulled it's going to be easy to lose weight. She gave me a very good report on my teeth and told me my tissues/gums are no longer angry or irritated. The best part of the visit was when she told me, "during this whole wedding thing what I really learned was that stamps are expensive!" I said, "that's what you learned?" Mailing out the invitations was very expensive, except that she found ten, forever stamps from 2014? I started laughing picturing her digging through her drawer for every last stamp. She said stamps had gone up and were now $.70 each.  I refused to believe it and then she looked it up when the dentist was talking to me.  They are only $.55 each, but they proposed that they go up to $.75.  She was thinking about buying a bunch now before they go up more.  I suggested, "why not sell stamps here in your room? Are there any rules against it? You can be the stamp hygienist."

 I then asked the dentist if it was okay and he said there are no rules against selling stamps in her room.  He did say that "TY" is his favorite since she's the only one who was tough enough to stay with him these four years. He said, "she's really a worker." His advice was, "you can date a pretty girl, but you should marry a worker."

"TY" explained that some patients ask her to sing and I asked if she takes requests. (I was going to request "Stairway to Heaven" to see how good she was) She said, "you wouldn't want to hear me sing, but I'm not so sure.

"TY" walked me to the front so I could pay for my entertainment.  The girl behind the counter asked how everything went and I told her I laughed the whole time.  When I got home I told my wife that my stomach actually hurt from laughing.  Who goes to the dentist and comes out with stomach pains? I know whose fault it is.

I told "TY" that I was going to write another blog about my visit today and she liked this title.  To make up for forgetting her gift, I am also giving her, a sleeve of thin mints, (with instructions to brush before and after), a copy of the first blog and this one and it will be in a notebook which is pictured below.  She can keep it for her patients to looks at while they wait or just take it out when I come in.

Finally, I have my next appointment and I will bring a little notebook and while "TY" is working on my teeth, I'll be writing with my arms outstretched into the blinding light in front of me.  I can't imagine what she's going to say next time.





No comments:

Post a Comment