Saturday, March 20, 2021

Three Dogs and Chicken Parm (Dog Tails)

 I was looking forward to our son visiting this weekend for several reasons.  First of all, he is our only son and it's always good to see him and have him give me suggestions on what I should be doing. (just kidding, he never does that) Secondly, it would be the first time we would get a chance to meet his girlfriend. Thirdly, on the first night we were having chicken parmesan, which is my favorite meal that my wife cooks.

My son and his girlfriend were both bringing their dog and along with our dog, three dogs in the same house is enough to get me a bit anxious. Watching the three dogs circle around and around the kitchen playing with toys, drinking water, kissing and licking each other and us, there was a lot of activity.  I didn't sit down for awhile, because I'm not used to having dogs on me and the large dog did start climbing a few times.  It's difficult to keep track of all the vocabulary to use also, down, enough, sit, and others. I have to review that this morning and I'm home all weekend to learn more!

During dinner the two oldest dogs were playing, which means they were fighting over a toy, but playfully.  They were barking and gnawing at each other and jumping from one chair to the couch and on to the floor and chasing each other.  The two older dogs are used to circling around the table I assume waiting for something to fall on the floor.  I said, "they don't have to look here, nothing is falling off my plate." Don't sharks circle around before coming in for the kill? They are good dogs though and the phrase, "good boy" could be heard over and over and over and over. I was starting to feel that I was a good boy too!

The chicken parmesan was terrific and if needed I was willing to sit there all night until it was done. This was a very active meal.  There were only four of us and three dogs and every few minutes people and dogs were heading outside to pee and poop and then discuss inside what was going on outside in the backyard.  As the playful fighting got fierce between the two older dogs, I felt I was at Medieval Times with horses and knights fighting around the dinner table.  We had this great dinner sitting right next to the bulls running in Spain.  The idea of having a great meal while bulls were running next to us was pretty funny.  I looked it up to see if I could get a picture of someone eating there and they didn't have one, just a guy taking a selfie, before he was eaten.


You would think taking the garbage out would be easy, but the big dog kept watching me touch the garbage can so I hid behind the counter.  My son said I had to get the garbage with my back to the dog, but I couldn't reach over my head to get the bag.  I pulled the can behind the counter so I could get the bag out, but wouldn't he see the bag? I got it over the cardboard barricade that keeps the dogs away from the other part of the house and then I made my escape to get the garbage out of the house.  It was easy.  

The dogs wore themselves out and below is a picture of them before we all passed out. (Rugger is the 44 pound big dog, Loki, is looking right at us and Odin, is our baby dog on the right) Were they more tired or were we? I thought about that chicken parmesan all day and not about three dogs that were going to be in our house at the same time.  I loved that chicken parmesan, but what am I going to think about today? I think there's leftover chicken!




No comments:

Post a Comment