Sunday, March 21, 2021

The Fork In The Road

 New York Yankee great, Yogi Berra, was also famous for some of the very funny things he said.  His most famous line was, "it's not over until it's over."  Another of his well known lines was, "when you come to a fork in the road, take it."  This was actually directions to his home in Montclair, NJ, because there is a fork in the road near his house and when you take either road it brings you to his house.

However, many people think of his comment as being funny, because you really can't take a fork in the road when you come to it, you have to take one or the other other or neither.  I's almost impossible to take a fork in the road, right? Well, I can honestly say I did it, I took the fork in the road and it wasn't a good thing.  A couple weeks ago I was driving in downtown Charleston and something sounded funny.  I pulled into a very nice, but large alley way and took a look at my tire to make sure it was okay.

Usually when you look at your tire for a leak you can't see anything, but I could see it clearly.  There was something stuck in my tire and with a little difficulty I pulled it out. Below is what I found:



I took the fork in the road in my tire and although I had just bought an air pump, it was useless.  The air came out of the tire and I had to wait almost two hours for a guy to come with a new tire and put it on in ten minutes.  He said it was a salad fork that was stuck in my tire.

My friend who drives a tractor trailer across the country sent me the below cartoon.  They guy's nose and ass are much bigger than mine, but I'm pretty sure my fork was bigger than his.



No comments:

Post a Comment