Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Am I Ted Lasso?

If you don't know, Ted Lasso is the main character in a sports/comedy/drama, TV show. The show is called "Ted Lasso" and it came out in 2020.  It is on Apple TV and it has won a number of awards in it's first two years. It is about an American college soccer coach who is hired to coach an English soccer team which he is really not qualified for and has little chance to succeed at.  However, his sometimes folksy and almost always optimistic style, wins over his team and the British media.

Our oldest daughter suggested that my wife and I watch it a long time ago. When we have been in New Jersey the past few months, we have watched a number of episodes and it is very good.  Optimism comes through very clearly in this show and I could not help recognize it in myself and what many of my riders experience when they get in my car.  This is how writer, Martha Sorren explained the show, "And while it's ok to feel down at times, this character is a great example of the power of optimism.  That personality trait just makes the show that much more uplifting to watch.  Sometimes the best start is just believing that things will be OK and moving forward to try to make that belief a reality."

d

With all the difficult things happening in the world today, this is a show that celebrates positivity and kindness. These are the kinds of things that people need today.  Throw some fun into your life, make someone laugh and feel better and make each day better for you and the people around you. Hanging from the inside of my car just over my head is a sign that says, "If you can't find the sunshine, be the sunshine." I've gotten plenty of compliments about it, but the riders who read it and say nothing still get the message.

On the Uber app, a rider gets to see a couple things about me.  One thing is this message: "I can't change your life, but I can change your day." I'm pretty sure that Ted Lasso would like both of those comments.  Maybe the better question is, "Is Ted Lasso really Jeff Hoenig?"



No comments:

Post a Comment