Thursday, July 21, 2022

My YouTube Debut

Last night I appeared on a YouTube show called, "Show Me The Money." It was put together by a couple drivers and featured six Uber/Lyft drivers from smaller markets.  The other markets represented were: Portland, Oregon, Syracuse, New York, Lehigh Valley in Pennsylvania, San Diego, California, and Denver, Colorado.

The challenge of course was technical on my end.  My wife was helping me and then rescued me when her laptop indicated she didn't have a camera, (Which it did) and so I used my phone.  As the show began I went to mute my phone and disconnected myself. Immediately I ran outside the door to see if my wife was still here, but she had just left.  Miraculously, I was somehow able to get back on the show just in time to introduce myself. In the two hours we talked about many topics related to driving with Uber and Lyft. Below is bad picture of me opening my mouth and fortunately there was no food inside it. It's blurry, but it's an action shot.

I'm not sure if you ever held your phone with one hand and talked into your phone while you were looking at yourself and other people on your phone. I'm sure other people have done it, but it was a little uncomfortable.  I probably should let it stand up against the laptop, (As my wife suggested), so I didn't look so close to it. Here's a picture of me on the show and I'm pretty sure my face looks fatter than usual.  I don't think it was the turkey drumstick I ate before the show. (Yes I did)

I'm not that great at taking pictures, but trying to take a good picture of yourself on a replay of  a YouTube show, well, it's not going to be very good.  Below is the mugshot with my name right there. It kind of looks like one of my Dad's smiles, but these are the most interesting pictures.


One of the drivers on the show from Syracuse, New York, contacted me the next day and asked if I'd be interested in being a guest on his show, so we'll see how that works out.  I may have another chance of getting a better picture!

If you'd like to watch a couple minutes of the show the link is: https://youtu.be/xXlG9hJ0XcI





No comments:

Post a Comment