Tuesday, March 12, 2024

The Craziest Trade You Will Ever Hear About

When I started hanging up money from other countries in my car I received an amazing bill of Gandhi from India.  Below is the picture (he's on the top left) and I had it hanging right next to the first bill I got from the South Sudan.(top right) One day a woman was getting in the car and she yelled out, "I LOVE GANDHI-would you trade him for Argentina and Italy. 

I started laughing, because she wanted me to trade foreign currency-I'm just an Uber driver.  It meant a lot to her and I knew I would get another Gandhi bill.  Since I was getting two countries for one, I traded Gandhi.  A couple hours later I told a couple this story and said, "You'll never hear this said again the rest of your life, but, I traded Gandhi."  The husband said to me seriously, "My mom would never have traded Gandhi."


There seems to be always another story that is better and this is it.  A few weeks back I met a very nice couple from Pennsylvania, my favorite state to pick people up from. The husband was a big Philadelphia sports fan and being a big New York fan, we had a great time talking sports.  

However, I showed them some of the bills hanging in my car and he said, "I have a Saddam Hussein bill and if you give me your info, I'll send it to you." It was very nice offer and I gave him my information.  Sure enough, Saddam showed up in my mail today. (Another phrase you'll never hear anyone say or write) 

The bill is torn a little in the middle and it's a good picture of Saddam, although I'm not sure using the word, "good" and Saddam is a great idea.  On the back it says "Central Bank of Iraq" and a big 250 dinars, which looks pretty impressive. I looked it up and the bill is worth nineteen cents. Right now I don't think I can display Saddam in my car, so I'll be showing the back of the bill and say he's on the other side.  Below are the two sides:



I knew immediately that I had to send my Philly friend something, so I pulled out my baseball cards. He's a Philadelphia Phillies fan and I'm sending him a baseball card of one of the best pitchers of all-time, hall of famer, Steve Carlton.  The card is from 1978 which is one year after he won one of his four Cy Young Awards.  The card is not in mint condition, but it's probably worth $2-$5.  I know he's going to like it and I'm sending him this blog so he knows how much I appreciated him doing what he said he would.


HE TRADED SADDAM HUSSEIN AND GOT STEVE CARLTON BACK! WHAT A TRADE!



No comments:

Post a Comment