Tuesday, April 23, 2024

A FABULOUS WEEKEND

Everyone always wishes you a good weekend and let's face it, we've had a lot of good weekends in our life.  However, what about those fabulous weekends we've had? It could be the day you were married, or the birth of a child, or when your team wins the Super Bowl. There have been some really fabulous weekends.

This past weekend was a fabulous weekend for me. My wife and I spent most of the day Friday driving to Pennsylvania and most of Monday driving home to Myrtle Beach from New Jersey.  But, in between? Here are the highlights:

1. In those 48 hours from Friday to Sunday night I managed to eat a bunch of my favorite foods: chicken parmesan, a roast beef triple decker sandwich, a corned beef and pastrami sloppy Joe, a Jim Dandy sundae at Friendly's with coffee ice cream, and chocolate cake. I enjoyed them all immensely.

2. We had a very nice Italian dinner with our son and daughter-in law on Friday night and my wife surprised her with a gift, a Brahmin purse.

3. On Saturday, we were at the baby shower for our daughter-in-law.  Below is a picture of the cake which was chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry.  Below that picture was the "Gender Reveal" which involved the mother-to-be kicking a rugby ball. (Since she plays) However, the pink smoke did not come out until my son kicked it. The third picture of course is the pink smoke.  The baby's name will be Riley Constance, named after my dad, Richard, and my daughter-in-laws favorite aunt, Connie.







3. Early Sunday morning my best friend, Larry, was celebrating his 64th birthday.  After I treated him to the free breakfast at my hotel, he decided to play his guitar, which he did in the pool room.  It was a short concert and I was the only witness.  In the parking lot I gave him a pizza box with candles and a little song I wrote inside to the tune of The Beatles song, "When I'm Sixty-Four." He didn't read it, he sang it with a British accent.


4.Sunday morning: I drove to the big book sale I haven't been to since 2019 and in an hour picked up 38 books I'm looking forward to read. It cost me a total of $39 which is ridiculous. I think it was my 18th book sale there since 2001, but who's counting.  I had a great time, more on the book sale coming soon.

5. Sunday afternoon: We drove down to the Trenton area to spend some time with my wife's aunt and uncle and we went out to an early dinner before heading to our hotel for a few hours of sleep before heading home at 3 am Monday morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment