Wednesday, April 10, 2024

On Vacation I Saw Four things I Had Never Seen Before

 


1. What is that? What does it look like? How about the end of a Q-tip? We have cleaned our ears hundreds or maybe thousands of times in our life, but this time was different.  I cleaned one ear and cleaned the other one and looked at the Q-tip and the part pictured above was missing. Where was it? In my ear? Try looking inside your ear-it doesn't work well.  It was in my ear and I threw it out without taking a picture.

When I got home from vacation I realized I should have taken a picture.  I took another Q-tip and used it and then I took a scissor and tried to cut this piece off.  I tried and tried and tried.  Finally, it snipped off this piece, but the rest of the Q-tip shot across the room. I looked all over, but I couldn't find it. It may be behind the bookcase? Don't tell my wife-we'll find it one day.


2. How many different sodas are there in The United States? How about 450 brands? Have you ever heard of Dr. Thunder? It's a soda, not a doctor. What does it taste like? It is like a cola, "With a subtle twist, featuring caramel notes and a refreshing fizz." My sister-in-law bought it-it didn't look real.


3. When you start driving north from South Carolina you notice right away that the speed of cars increase considerably. Driving on the New Jersey Turnpike I saw something I've never seen.  There were cars zig-zagging in and out of lanes, but one car wasn't satisfied with the lanes on the road.  Not once, but twice, the car got on to the right shoulder to pass someone. A day or two later in New Jersey, a car passed me on the right shoulder.  Keep your eyes on the road and off of it!



4. I love chicken and I love bagels, but chicken on a bagel? No, it's not chicken on a bagel, although I am told that it is delicious. It's a French toast bagel which I had never heard of. It sure looks like chicken or egg on this, but I have been assured it is just a bagel.








No comments:

Post a Comment