Saturday, September 21, 2024

The Big Fly (Part 2)

It is time for my final Colorado vacation blog and I'm going to end it with the same blog subject as the first one I posted on July 28th.  I know that one blog about a big fly is enough, but I was not satisfied with the ending last time.

The day we were leaving our daughter's house, I went into the bathroom and found my friend-the big fly. It was just as surprised as I was. I grabbed a towel and took a couple swings and it was gone.  The walls are dark and the fly used them as camouflage.  I tried to draw it out by standing still for five minutes, but it was long gone.

A couple hours later, my wife and I arrived at our airbnb and immediately noticed there were two flies, one big and one smaller one.  The big one could not have been the same fly as earlier since we were thirty miles away.

My wife and I took several swings in a larger room and then the small fly landed right in front of my wife and she took her glove off and showed the fly who was boss.  The evidence is below-


My wife went out food shopping, leaving me with a dog and one big fly in the house.  Looking at the front window the blinds, I was surprised to see the big fly on the window.  I had nothing near me to get it and it was inside the blinds. Could I get my hand between the blinds and finally kill a big fly? YES, I did it and here it is on the window sill.  It was very rewarding!


I don't want you to think I'm just a one-fly guy, so here is another one I killed on vacation.  Fortunately for you, I did not write down the details.





No comments:

Post a Comment