Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Crosswalks and Tire Pressure

I hope you're not staying up at night thinking about these two things. If you are, I'm going to help you out with some information.  There are some things in the South that are different than the North and there are some things that are about the same. Both of these things are about the same.

Crosswalks-People don't seem to pay attention to them and frequently drive past someone standing at the crosswalk. In Pennsylvania a few years ago, I slowed down and came to a stop at a crosswalk and a car behind me didn't stop and went into me.  I was already completely stopped, she just didn't see my red vehicle.

In Myrtle Beach on Ocean Boulevard, there are crosswalks every block due to the traffic from the hotels.  Frequently, cars ignore the pedestrians and just keep driving.  On Sunday, I saw an older man(older than me), standing with a walker and his wife.  I stopped my car, but the car on the other side next to the couple drove right through the crosswalk.  I honked my horn, but I 'm sure the guy had no idea why I was honking, but the pedestrians knew.  Keep your eyes out for people crossing the street and let them go.

I don't know about you, but for me tire pressure is always frustrating.  You're driving along and all of a sudden your light goes on.  You pull over and look at the tires that all look okay.  Which one is low?  I know some of the newer cars will show you on the dashboard, but it's something all cars should have.  So you look for an air pump.  Can you find "free air" that some places have, or do you have to pay $1.50?  Do you have the quarters or are you going to you a credit card?

How much air do you put in? Do you pick one tire or put them in all the tires? If you're lucky you can see when you put the air in how much air is in the tire and hopefully you can tell which one it is.  When are you going to get it checked out? And, the big question is, can they patch it or is the tire shot?  Or, did the change in the weather cause the deflation and you're really okay?

I just spent the last couple days playing, "which tire is it" and it was the back tire on the driver side.  It had two nails in it and one of those nails turned out to be fatal for the tire.  If you drive, eventually you'll have the same experience and what part of the country you live in won't make any difference.

Now you can sleep soundly.

No comments:

Post a Comment