Friday, July 24, 2020

If You Spray Yourself With Febreeze, Will You Smell Good?

This is another one of those questions I'm sure you've asked yourself before. Today was the day I had to seriously think about this question. I love a challenge and I had to get to the oral surgeon by 4 pm to get my tooth pulled.  Working in the hot sun, I realized that I really needed to get home and take a quick shower which would put me only 15 minutes from their office.  I also had to eat some real food before going which should have been the easiest part of the day.  Finally, I was going to finish working at least 30 minutes from home.  I knew I had to be heading for home by 3-3:15 to arrive on time at 4 PM.

I brought a change of clothes if I could not get home to shower, but I forgot to bring deodorent. I had disenfectant wipes and Febreeze, would that be enough? It was a given that I was going to smell badly, so what do you do?  You can't spray Febreeze directly on you, do you spray a lot in the car and sit there? There are no directions on the can for spraying yourself.  My guess was that this would work if I needed it.

From 5 am this morning I was working hard at making that appointment, which seems odd, since I really did not want to get a tooth pulled.  Around noon the office called and asked if I could come in earlier.  I told them I might make it by 3:30.  My window was shrinking, but I was ahead of schedule.

Around 1 pm we had one of those typical southern storms and I was stuck inside of a store for close to thirty minutes. I was pretty wet, so now I had to dry off.  Do I still go home and shower and dry off after getting soaked by the storm?  About 2 pm my tire air pressure light went on and I had to put air in my tires after I finished my last stop at 2:15.  Both fast food places I went by had too many cars waiting and I still had to eat.

I arrived home at 3, showered and changed and was out the door by 3:15.  I stopped at a convenience store and bought a healthy hot dog and some small donuts and topped my dinner off with a few crackers and a peppermint pattie I picked up during the day.

I arrived at the office at 3:40 and they asked when I had something to eat and I said, "I'm still swallowing."  As I sat in the chair and the drilling started, I was certain that this was a really bad idea to begin with.  And the Febreeze, I still think it would work, but I'm going to have to try it another time and I'll let you know.




No comments:

Post a Comment