Thursday, July 16, 2020

"You're Just Like Christmas!"

When I deliver packages to people it is not unusual for them to be excited and enthusiastic, however, today was the first time I've ever been compared to Christmas. I did the best I could with her comment and said, "Merry Christmas, I hope you've been good."  As I was leaving I did add, "enjoy your Christmas."  Both times of course, I got the laugh I was looking for, but it did give me something to think about.

They did know the packages(boxes) were coming and usually they know what is in them and it wasn't a gift.  Imagine what their reaction is on Christmas Day, or when they were a child how excited they must have been.  Maybe it's just opening something up or getting something new and it really doesn't matter what's inside. I still occasionally have someone look at a box and say, "what's in it?" I'll tell them, " it's a magic box, whatever you want is inside."  They always like that answer and that really would be something to be excited about.

It is nice to get that kind of greeting when you walk into a store or office and it usually results in a few laughs.  However, I'm pretty sure that this Jewish guy and Christmas don't have very much in common.  I do celebrate Christmas and I enjoy it and I love Christmas music, but I'm really not "like Christmas."  It just goes to show you that there are all kinds of people in the world.  Some people don't believe we ever landed on the moon and some people think I'm "just like Christmas." And, some people like you and me are not right on everything all the time.(just most of the time)

No comments:

Post a Comment