Monday, September 7, 2020

Finishing Up Eating at 60

 How many of my favorite foods could I eat over five weeks? It has been a lot of fun and due to the warm weather I have not gained any weight which is hard to believe.  I finished up with these items off my list and ate 52 of my favorite 60 items.  I will post about the eight items that I did not get to eat. I'm sure you can't wait for that!

1. Chocolate cake: My youngest daughter made me this cake from scratch and it was incredible.  We finished it in two sittings, but she also made two small little pieces I could take to work which I've also eaten and loved.  Below is the picture of the cake.





2. Matzah: We finally did find a box that I could eat in a supermarket since it's really not that time of year.  Sometimes I like to have a little extra after dinner and Matzah with cream cheese on it is a perfect way to end the meal.

3. Chips and onion dip: A great appetizer before a meal or during a game.  You can't really eat one and I didn't.  I also lost a few in the dish, but who hasn't?

4. Swedish Meatballs: Hot meatballs in sauce are a perfect appetizer unless you have Uncle Larry's Schlumpia, which are just as amazing.  We had the meatballs combined with the next two items for a meal and it was fun eating them.

5. Little Hot Dogs: A classic appetizer you dip into some mustard and they hit the spot.  They should sell these at baseball games, but they'd probably be $2 for each little dog.

6. Macaroni & Cheese: I cheated a little bit here since I put on my list Jim & Nick's mac & cheese.  This barbecue place  is in Charleston and they have the best mac & cheese, but we decided not to drive the 80 miles for them.  I settled for regular mac & cheese and I used the sauce from the meatball for even more flavor.  This was some meal!



No comments:

Post a Comment