Friday, September 11, 2020

Loki The Dog, Visits Myrtle Beach

 Not being an animal lover I have said this many times, "I have nothing against animals as long they are someone else's or they are not real." (I'm fine with fish though) For the most part I have not lived with a pet, although I did have a roommate in college that had a cat in the room for a short time and it was an awful experience.  My wife and I had a cat in our first house for a really, really short time. The cat was kept inside a closed hallway near the front door and I didn't come in contact with it much at all.  Legend has it that I left the door open and the cat ran for it's life and never came back-it was very sad.

My son visited for a week with his four month old puppy and stayed at our house this past week. The puppy was a good dog.  Matter of fact, I kept hearing the words, "good dog" over and over among other words. I was going to title this post, "It's all about the poop," which it really was.  I think I woke up in the middle of the night and heard voices saying, "do you have to go, do you have to go?" And yes, I did have to go. Sometimes during the day I would hear the same question and I would think to myself, "well I could go, do I have to?"

My favorite phrase I heard was when my son was trying to teach the dog not to bite. "No biting, no biting" he would say, but to me I kept hearing, "NO BIDEN, NO BIDEN." Those words always brought a smile to my face.   I almost stepped on Loki once, which I thought was a pretty good accomplishment. (coming close only once)  Towards the end of the week my son asked me, "are you ready to hold him?" I needed another day to prepare, but there is a picture of me holding Loki.  We did wait until he was almost asleep which was perfect.

He didn't bark much and he was pretty calm I thought.  My son kept telling him to relax when it was nap time and I could almost feel my eyes closing when he said, "relax."  The best news is that Loki is coming back around Christmas, so you can look for the sequel blog at the end of the year- "The Return of Loki."


No comments:

Post a Comment