Monday, September 14, 2020

What I Didn't Eat Eat For My 60th Birthday

This would be a very long blog, but obviously I didn't eat most foods. (although at times it seemed I was eating everything)  I know how fascinated you must be about the eight items I didn't eat, so here they are:

1. Chocolate Eclair (Ice Cream): Not to be confused with a pastry eclair and below is a picture so you know how good this is.  I finally found them today and I just ate one, okay I ate two.  I ate one for my 60th birthday and one for today. I rarely eat these and they are not very popular here in the South apparently.


2. Thin Mints(Girl Scout cookies) Unfortunately, I did not save some when we did have them in the fall or winter.  Put them in the freezer and pour the milk and they are as good as it gets. It's not that you can't eat one, it's tough not to eat five or six very quickly in between slurps of milk.

3. Carvel Flying Saucer: It's actually called a cookie, but they really don't have them at all around here.  When I get to New Jersey I'm getting one for sure.  No surprise, but it can come wiht chocolate ice cream in the middle, which is my favorite. They come from the freezer and they are bigger than an eclair but smaller that a pint of Haagen-Dazs coffee ice cream.

4. Triple Decker or Club Sandwich: They do have them here, but I just couldn't get one in time.  When I go to a diner I have to eat one, roast beef or turkey, both great.  They are big and fun to eat and surprisingly there is no chocolate in this food.

5. Block of Salami: In New Jersey you can pick up a salami in a supermarket and I love cutting pieces and eating them without bread, although some thick slices on rye with mustard is a great sandwich too.  I can see myself leaving New Jersey with one in a cooler, why not?

6. Turkey: I'm not talking about sliced turkey, I mean a real turkey that we eat for Thanksgiving.  I did eat Turkey legs which I could have counted as "Turkey", but I think turkey is the most underrated food.  You've got slices and bones and if it's so good for Thanksgiving, how can we not eat more of it during the year?  I think once a month would be perfect!

7.Cranberry Bread: I've raved about this before. My mom's cranberry bread was unbelievable and my wife's is just as good. I can eat this anytime of the day or night and never get tired of it.  Can't wait to have it again.

8. Gefilte Fish: It smells, but I really like eating this. You usually only see it around Passover and who knows if I'll see it down here.

I can't promise I won't blog about food again, but if you read all these food blogs you probably gained a pound or two!


No comments:

Post a Comment