Monday, September 21, 2020

My Tissues Are Angry!

WHAT? You probably just said the same thing I did.  They do say you learn something new every day and today was one of those days.  I was lucky because I got to go to the dentist after my appointment  was canceled once, twice, three times, or I can't remember how many times.  When they scheduled today's appointment months ago I did ask, "we're talking about 2020 right?"

My dental hygienist I'll call TY.  It's not her real name, but those letters are in her name.  We had the kind of conversations that I have with riders in my car and we were laughing way too much to be in a dental office. I told her at the beginning that I don't remember exactly why I'm here, but I'm pretty sure it has to do with my teeth. It was a scheduled cleaning.

She was checking each of my teeth and calling out numbers to check on how they looked between 1 and 5, with 5 being possible problems.  I only got a couple 5's, but the constant calling out of numbers made me want to add them all up in my head.  She promised next time she would just do a cleaning and I said I wanted that in writing.  Fifteen minutes later she told me that she was going to check all the teeth again next time and I said, "just a short time ago someone promised they would only do a cleaning next time."  She also told me that in the nine years she's been in the south she's never said, y'all. I doubt it, but she said her fiancee would back her up on that.

She told me that my tissues in my mouth were angry, or had some inflaming? When I asked exactly where, she said, "in general, nowhere in particular." I was told that an electronic toothbrush was much better for my teeth and I should look into getting one, maybe someone would get one for me for Christmas. Why does it sound expensive?

She put on the below glasses and I said that, "green wasn't my color." She told me that it looked good and my wife would like it.  I told her, "my wife wouldn't go anywhere with me if I were them."  Then, she suggested I take a selfie for my blog.  I told her she gave me the perfect title for the blog.  Notice TY in the background, it's not the best picture of her.




TY gave me a choice of several flavors of toothpaste and said that "more of  my patients choose mint," so I went with that.  I told her it smelled like Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies and she replied, "that sounds good."  She's getting married in April and my next appointment is a few weeks before that.  I told her she was going to have to wait for this blog post until then and I'd give it to her for her first wedding gift.  I'm thinking one sleeve of thin mints would be perfect too!

Congratulations on your wedding TY!

No comments:

Post a Comment