Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Celebrating Birthdays A Little Differently

 This was a big week in our house with my wife and youngest daughter both having birthdays. We decided to go to a very nice steak house on Wednesday on my wife's birthday. The place had a courtyard and we could eat outside since it would  be safer. Below is a picture of the courtyard during the day and my beef tips and mashed potatoes below and the rest of the story below that.






We walked through the restaurant wearing masks and went out into the courtyard to sit at a table.  We were the only people outside so we had the whole area to ourselves, it was very private.  I did say that night that we could walk through the courtyard to our car without paying and no one would see us, but we didn't do that. It was a perfect night.

Saturday was very, very different. I went to Uber in Charleston, South Carolina and my wife and daughter were going to meet me at Jim&Nick's Barbecue to celebrate my daughter's birthday.  The usual one we go to was closed, so we went to the one near the Charleston Airport.  There was a 30-60 minute wait at 2 pm to eat outside.  We got take-out and went to the parking lot behind the restaurant  which belonged to The Marriott. We had a picnic there! I opened up the back of my van and my daughter sat in the trunk and we put our food out like it was a picnic table. I was walking around the car eating a large spare rib, which was really, really good.  Thirty years from now our daughter will remember the birthday she celebrated in a Marriott parking lot.

Maybe next year we can celebrate my birthday on the beach.  Wait, my family took me to the beach for years on my birthday, that would NOT be different.


No comments:

Post a Comment