Monday, November 9, 2020

COME AND GET IT

 Being on the road as much as I am, it is not unusual for me to see something unusual. There are times that I would like to pull over, get out of my car, and walk up to someone and say, "what is that on your lawn?" Or, maybe I would say, "What are you doing?" I remember very clearly the morning I saw a woman mowing her lawn just after 7 am.  She was not out in the middle of nowhere, she had neighbors.  How could she mow her lawn that early in the morning? I'll never know the answer, but I'd like to know.

Recently, I was driving and I stopped at a light and across the street was a car that had printed on it in big letters, "COME AND  GET IT." It was not on the back of the car, but it neatly printed on the driver's side of the car.  Was that a macho statement that he's not afraid of anyone? Was he saying, "my car isn't worth much, take it?" Was it a dare, "if you think you can take my car, try it." I don't have a clue,  maybe you do.

On most days we can watch the news or look on Facebook and there's something that makes no sense. Why would someone do or say that? What were they thinking? Were they thinking? It just goes to show how different we are and there are things that you may never understand.

You may have thought, "why would he even write about this?" You may have thought to yourself that you wouldn't have taken the time to write this blogpost. That may be true, but the next time you see or hear something unusual, you may ask yourself the same question I did ,when I saw that car, "what????"


No comments:

Post a Comment