Tuesday, November 24, 2020

I'm So Tidy???

 There are many words that could describe me, but if you know me, tidy would not be one of them.  However, I was told this week, "you're so tidy."  How is that possible?

Over the past several years there has been a lot of discussion about facts and how different people are coming up with their own facts. However, in many cases it's a difference of opinion, not a difference of facts.  Let's take a look at how I was called, "tidy."

My neighbor across the street came over to talk with my wife about painting.  He saw me washing my car and apparently has seen me washing my car frequently and said, "you're so tidy."  The fact is that I do wash my car every week to get it ready to Uber other people.  Since they are paying for the ride, it should be relatively clean.

If my neighbor had watched closely he would have seen that I do not do a spectacular and thorough job, that's how my wife washes her car.  I do a quick, general clean, which is just enough for it to look pretty good. 

My neighbor's observation is also based on him not being very "tidy," which is what he told me.  The correct fact is that I do wash my car every week, but only in his eyes am I "tidy."

Another quick example: the facts are that Joe Biden won the Presidential Election a few weeks ago. You and I may have very different opinions on the important conclusions from the election based on our views and experiences, however, he did win. 

Keep this in mind each week as you go about your daily life.  Are you reading or hearing a fact or an opinion? I think it's very important, but that is only my opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment