Monday, February 15, 2021

COURIER DELIVERY STORIES

 During the past week or so I've had a few amusing stories to share with you:

Today I was dropping off at one of my best accounts and the woman said, "no shorts today?" It was still on the cool side with some rain so I answered, "no not today."  But, then I had to think twice because I almost wore my shorts underneath my pants because it was going to be warmer in the afternoon.  I told her, it's a good thing I remembered that I did not wear my shorts underneath, or I would have tried to show you my shorts.  She laughed a lot about that and now I'll be embarrassing her each time by showing off my shorts and legs.

Last week I was delivering to a Pastor and asked him how he was doing? He said, "good, if we can only get some sunshine here."  When I walked inside I noticed the sun was just peaking out from the clouds and we walked towards the door and I said, "ask and you shall receive."  And he saw the sunshine and I thought, I've only been in the south three years and I'm quoting scriptures to a Pastor! What's next, grits for breakfast?

On Friday, I delivered to a radiology office and I've known the woman I delivered to for at least two years.  I had to go back to their storage closet and she said to me, "you better go this way, there's a naked woman down that way." The funny thing was she has directed me in the same direction before and said she had a patient there, but why she had to mention she was naked I have no idea.  I wanted badly to make a funny comment, but these days you never know if someone would be offended.   When I told my wife she said that she would have said(if it was a naked man), "let me take a look down that way." (she's going to love this)

Finally, one snow story for you since you haven't had enough snow in the northeast.  My customer, who calls me snowman, I visited last week. I showed her some pictures of the big storm in New Jersey and she wanted nothing to do with it.  She has another office on the other side of the building and I told the woman that I'm being called, "snowman," on the other side.  In the past, I said to her that I'm here so much I should have my name on the wall where I put her boxes.  When I came in last week she led me over to my spot and grabbed a piece of paper that is pictured below and put it up on the wall.  It was very funny and then I showed the picture to my "snow buddy" on the other side of he building. Just because I can't be in the snow, I can still have fun with it.








No comments:

Post a Comment