Friday, February 12, 2021

The Era of Odin Has Begun-Day 1

 Odin is here.

The first era in life is childhood, which usually lasts about 18 years. Some people though, act like a child into their thirties or later.  This is a fun time where you listen to your parents some of the time and look forward to being on your own.

The second era in life if you go to college is living in a place that is not real.  You're supposed to learn something and remember it and get ready for living a real life on this planet.

The third era is when you begin your life.  Some people go to work, others go back to school to enjoy life that is not real, and others get married. You may actually believe now that your parents were pretty smart.

The fourth era for some like myself is called, "raising kids." This era can last 18 more years and is guaranteed to make you lose your hair, most of your money and all of your patience.  When you add things all up, it can be a very positive experience as it was for me.

The fifth era can be the "us" era.  This is where suddenly the house is empty except for some of the storage areas with your kids stuff.  It's just you and your spouse and you text and call and sometimes e-mail(just me), trying to keep in touch with your kids who are very, very busy in the third era of life.

But, wait! Suddenly, there is a sixth era when you get a pet. (it is true that most people get a pet much earlier in life) Why do you have a pet? This is a question that you ask beginning on day one.  Here's how a typical conversation can go:

Your son's girlfriend asks, "are you excited to have a dog?"  Unable to form any intelligent reply, what I should have said is, "I'm excited that my wife is excited that we have a dog."  Without a doubt having a dog will give me unlimited new material to blog about and here are a couple things from the first day.

My wife said, "he does have worms." My reply was, "where are the worms and how can I avoid them?" The idea of holding a dog is uncomfortable, but if he has worms? (they are inside the dog fortunately)

My wife posted several pictures on Facebook and an old neighbor said, "I see the hubby is in love with the puppy as well." If she can see that from the picture, what else can she see and when was her last visit to the eye doctor?

I am beginning to make a list of all the good things about having Odin.  I'm at two-my wife is very happy and I have unlimited material to blog about.

And that's the way it is-in the era of Odin.








No comments:

Post a Comment