Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Dog Tails

 Ok, I admit it.  There are no "tails" in this blog.  I intentionally misspelled "tales" because I know that it would annoy a few people.  I'm not saying who, they know who they are.  From time to time I will blog about "dog tails" or "dog tales", for your amusement. (certainly not mine)

Today, I made a delivery to an office and there was a dog running around the lobby as the receptionist watched over him/her/it. I know her pretty well and politely asked what kind of dog it is. (this is called dog talk in my book) It was some kind of poodle and she started telling me about the pets she had when her kids were young.  The dog was sitting there patiently until I opened the front door and it made a mad dash for the parking lot. Fortunately, someone got him before he got to the street.  Why a dog is running in an office I do not know.

Our dog, Odin, has now been with us for two weeks. We do have something in common, searching for a place to pee and poop.  Odin does it in our backyard, I do it everyday on the road driving around.  Odin walks around looking for the right spot as if some spots just would not work.  I look for bathrooms in places that I can get in and out of quickly and bathrooms that are somewhat decent.  I go every few hours and Odin goes a couple times every hour he's awake.

Eating dinner this past week my wife brought Odin in from his "pee searching" and told me that his ass was in the shape of a triangle. I told her I hadn't noticed.  As I put another forkful of food in my mouth, she brought Odin over and showed me his ass.  Yes, she is right again and I continued eating.  I was not impressed at all.

Odin gives kisses or I'm told that's what they are.  My wife brought him over to me and he was kissing my neck.  I put a big smile on my face with my eyes bulging out of their sockets and my level of discomfort on a scale of 1-10 hit about 23.  I said, "I hope we can do that again in a few years."

When I told the woman in the office today that I just got my first dog, she asked, "don't you just love him?" Love would be too strong of word, so I said, "I'm getting used to him."  He is a cute dog and although he is a dog, somehow, he is a "good boy." (my wife keeps telling him that. Wasn't Pinocchio a good boy too?)

No comments:

Post a Comment