Wednesday, April 28, 2021

April Rider Stories

 THE CHARACTER: I'm sure that this guy has been called a lot of things, but he was very entertaining  and interesting to talk to.  He's a successful broker at 29 and told me that his parents were so poor, "they ate rice and tomatoes three nights a week." His Dad started a construction company and built many places in Daniel Island(near Charleston) and became a millionaire. He said, "I spend a lot of money spoiling my friends. When a girl hears I'm a broker they ask if I have a lot of money.  I tell them I'm not hurting, but the money isn't going to be spent on you sweetie."  He's planning a big bash for his 30th birthday next year with his friends in Las Vegas.  He loves what he does as a broker and was very sincere in wanting to help people.  On the other hand he said, "all my old girlfriends are mad at me, because I've run through all their friends."  He had a Jekyll and Hyde personality, but what a personality.

THE PROFESSIONAL STALKER AND THE AUCTIONEER: This is not your typical Disney movie or ordinary couple.  The wife said she was a "professional stalker", who works for the police department tracking down information on people of interest.  She recently had an "Uber training" where she learned how to track someone through the rides they've taken.  Her husband is an auctioneer, who auctions up a wide range of things, working for someone and as an independent contractor.  I asked him how he kept his voice fresh and he answered, "whiskey." Two people in professions that you rarely hear about and they were fun to talk with also.

THE ASPIRING NURSE: You have to be impressed when a thirty year-old woman gives up a career as a civil engineer to go back to school to be a nurse.  She told me she didn't love what she was doing and made the change, "after watching nurses take care of my Dad after six brain surgeries."  I told her she would be successful in her new career, because she was passionate about it and that would give her an advantage.

THE OTHER SEAN: I picked the server up and could not help but like him.  He had the same name as my son and spelled it the right way too.  Much to my surprise he had just moved from Pennsylvania and lived in the same city as my son.  When I told him my son had just bought a house in another town, that's where this guy had worked.  To top it off, last year was a terrific year for him as it was for my son.  He said, "the pandemic gave me a chance to change my way of life." He needed to start over and get more sunshine and he's enjoying Myrtle Beach and his new job after moving here last summer.  He was only two years older than my son-I couldn't help but like him.

THE ALPHA FEMALE: It was very unfortunate that I only had her in my car for about ten minutes, but she had an incredible story. "What changed my life and made me more positive was being in a terrible car accident. I broke both hips and it took me two years to recover while I was raising my autistic child." She was extremely positive and friendly and she looked about twenty years younger than around fifty.  She worked at a hotel and was definitely a natural for the front desk.  Right now she has a bidding war going on for her services.  She also works in the post office, but she will make the switch as soon as she gets the right offer.  "I tell them, pay me what I'm worth."  I'd hire her and pay as much as I could to keep her, she was delightful to talk to.

THE REALTOR: She did get in my car sipping some wine, but when I asked her where she lived, she got it wrong.  She said, "Charlotte", but then changed it to "Charleston." When I asked her where she was going, she didn't know that either, since her friend had set it up to celebrate her birthday at Top Golf.  I gave her a hard time and she was a good sport about it.  I said, "you don't know where you live or where you are going, how do you sell houses?"  She said to me, " You can kick these asshole people out of your car after a ride, I have to deal with them for months."  She was mad at her husband because he thought they were celebrating her birthday the day after it was and she got no present or card on her birthday.  He made up for it the next day.  She was definitely fun to talk to and she was celebrating her birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment