Thursday, April 1, 2021

Gifting The Hygienist

 Let's face it, if you go back to your dentist the day after your appointment and you have no appointment and no problem, it's pretty odd.  I deliver to dentist offices, but I was going back with a few gifts in a gift bag.  Since I was going to the dentist, I was compelled to brush and floss first.  I knew I wasn't taking off my mask and I wasn't leaving the waiting room, but I couldn't help it.  I was grinning from ear to ear as I walked into the office and told the receptionist why I was there.

"TY" came out a few minutes later and you could tell she was excited to see what I brought.  I reached into the bag and pulled out a plastic bag that had as an extra "treat", my favorite rider comments of 2020.  We had talked about that and she is going to get some good laughs out of it.  Then, she pulled out the box of thin mints. There was only one sleeve, because there's no way I'm giving her two sleeves of my favorite cookies. She said, "I've never gotten a gift like this." I told her she shouldn't show it to her boss or eat it in the office. I was thinking, what a great way to keep your teeth healthier-give your hygienist half of your cookies!

She asked if I had made the lettering on the notebook and of course I did.  She said, "I can't wait to show my fiancee. He thinks he's funnier than I am."  I told her, "all men think that." Sometimes they are funnier, but there's no way her fiancee is funnier than she is, I don't think it 's possible.

I told her that when I return in six months I will add another blog(this one) to her notebook and each time I visit I'll add another one. I have to ask her what her fiancee said, how were the cookies, and did she enjoy reading the blogs and of course how was the wedding!  And, next time I go, I'm going to take notes in the chair when she's working on my mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment