Friday, May 21, 2021

60 Delicious Minutes With Colonel Sanders

 At the age of 65, Harlan Sanders ran a very popular service station that served food.  When the government decided to re-route a highway away from his business, he sold it and hit the road.  He drove to restaurants across the country making and selling his Aunt's fried chicken and getting a nickel for every chicken the restaurant sold. He turned that experience into Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Imagine how good his car smelled!  I was in a "chicken mood" last Friday as I headed north to visit family.  I pulled into the KFC and picked up a passenger, his picture is below.





I was in luck, they had a special deal! I could get a small bucket of dark meat, ten pieces for $10.  They were all small pieces which was perfect for driving and eating and singing in between bites.  I dipped my hand in the bucket and pulled out one piece after another.  They really were "finger licking good." My van smelled amazing too, what a great deal!  The last two pieces I took my time with, but I lost count.  Maybe I got 11 pieces?

So, if you're driving long distance and are feeling a little lonely, stop in to KFC and give the colonel a ride.  I didn't get a tip from this passenger, but he might be my favorite rider of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment