Wednesday, May 26, 2021

I Did Something Today I Haven't Done Since Reagan Was President

 It was an unusual day as I drove to work at 4:30 am.  I realized that the last time I gave notice on a full-time job was in 1984.  It was 37 years ago and I don't remember giving notice that day.  I was 24 years old and since then I have been fired and laid off twice.

It wasn't your normal resignation letter, it ran a full two pages. I've been there for over three years and it really has been very good.  Fortunately, my supervisor, (a Yankee fan from NJ), has the same work ethic that I do and he's been terrific. He's retiring in two weeks, so I couldn't leave before him.  The company has started delivering for two different food companies and it's really been awful. I told them I had no interest in spending a few hours every day delivering one box of food to a bunch of houses.  It takes way too long and it's actually very difficult due to dirt roads, no numbers on houses, no phone numbers and houses spread out way too far.

I'm going to consider myself semi-retired and instead of Ubering only two days a week I will probably do that 3-4 days a week depending on the week.  I'll have a chance to blog more (lucky for you), catch up on my reading, get some more exercise and lose some COVID weight and do some more things with my wife. I may even slow down some, maybe.

Future blogs will contain some ideas have of things to do and I promise they will be entertaining to read.  So, Friday June 25th, is my last day of full-time work after almost 39 years.  Since I worked a number of the years 50 or more hours a week, I probably have worked 50 years but whose counting.  Well, there's only 21 days to go so I guess I'm counting 

No comments:

Post a Comment