Wednesday, May 12, 2021

WHAT DID THEY SAY-A COURIER TALE

 Every once in a while you hear someone say something that surprises you.  It may be funny or strange or both, but rarely do you get to hear two things like that in one day. (unless of course you're an Uber driver) Today, was one of those days.  It was a long day and the weather was not very good, but we haven't had much rain lately.  These two comments though, made the day memorable.

Delivering to houses can be very difficult, finding the street and the house and sometimes even the front door, believe it or not.  I drove into a small neighborhood that had about a dozen small buildings that had maybe 4-5 condos or apartments lined up next to them.  I was delivering a box of food and it was the first time I was in that neighborhood.  The neighborhood had an address and it looked like each group of buildings had a number and each door had a letter.  The information I had was missing a building number and a door letter.  I called the customer and he called me back.  I told him I was in his neighborhood and asked, "where are you?" He replied immediately, "I'm outside, behind the pole." 

I probably laughed but told him he has to give me more information that that. I looked a distance to my right and saw a guy with a green shirt and sure enough it was him. How is it some people don't know how to give directions or the location they live? I have no idea, but he was behind a pole.

The second story happened when I pulled up to a medical building and got out of the car and started walking towards the front door.  There was a woman in the space next to me and she was standing outside the car. I thought she was going to ask me directions, but instead she said, "do you know how to shut off a car alarm?" I probably didn't, but I did pause and I noticed she was holding the car manual in her hand.  I told her the truth that I probably didn't, but then it dawned on me I did not hear an alarm. I asked her if her alarm had been on and she said, "it's on now." 

I leaned towards the car and heard nothing and then I realized there was a loud bird on top of the building making a lot of noise. I asked, "are you talking about the bird?" She thought the bird was her car alarm. My day may not have been the best day, but how about that woman? Could her car alarm actually sound like a bird?


No comments:

Post a Comment