Monday, July 12, 2021

Did I Tell You That Our Dog Is Being Neutered?

 

Very simply, a dog is not a human being. We tell children not to talk to strangers, yet it seems that for some dogs, strangers are a dogs' best friend.  At least with puppies, I see our puppy regularly chasing down strangers. He doesn't just go up to them, he licks them and jumps on them.

It's not just what the dog does, it' s what we do.  We talk to the dogs in an odd sounding voice and we believe that they really understand everything we're saying.  We'll even spell out words so they don't hear us say, "cheese." 

Some things go a little too far. For a couple weeks we,(mostly my wife), has been telling everyone that our dog is getting neutered. I don't know why, but I feel uncomfortable every time I hear it. We were at the Publix checking out and the cashier said, "do you have anything special planned for the holiday weekend?" My wife told her that we were just going to take it easy, because, "our dog was getting neutered."  This led of course to a picture and soon the couple behind us was looking at the picture of our puppy also.

I don't know much about this neutering thing so I looked it up and found out that it, "prevents testicular cancer and reduces the risk of other problems, such as prostate disease. It might also have less desire to roam. May help with certain behavior issues."

He was neutered and he has recovered fine, thanks for asking.  He was acting a little different though and of course slept a lot due to the medication he was taking.  Most pet owners are very comfortable talking to anyone about anything having to do with their pet.  Me-it's a work in progress, I did blog about it.  I just haven't told any strangers, "hey, just to let you know, my dog got neutered." 


In case you're wondering, his eyes are fine-you just can't see them at times.




No comments:

Post a Comment