Tuesday, July 13, 2021

"There Really Isn't Anything I Want To Buy"

 I am certain that there are some husbands that fantasize that one day their wife will say to them the magic words, "there really isn't anything I want to buy." Do they ever here those words? It is unlikely, but since I've been married almost 38 years, it may just have been my time.

About six weeks ago, my wife said this at the dinner table.  I asked if I could have it in writing, but of course I said it laughing.  If I made a list of all the things that she has mentioned since then that she wanted to buy, or if I had taken pictures of all the things she did buy, this blog might be even more entertaining.

The running joke now in our house is that when she says that she wants to buy something, I look at her and say, "this is something that you want to buy?" She is already grinning before I can get the words out.  I am not sure how long we will both be laughing about this, but it will probably be a long, long time.

My wife is wonderful and she takes very good care of me and has raised three amazing kids, so, she deserves just about anything she wants. Me on the other hand,  I'm not used to buying things.  Maybe in my free time, I can learn how to do this.  Over the weekend, I got a bunch of cash tips which doesn't happen very often.  They are mostly put on the Uber app, but I immediately took most of the cash out of my wallet.

How am I going to spend it, if I don't have it on me? Today I'm going to go all out and buy-a basketball.  That's right, just a basketball.  I'm going to get some exercise and I found some courts that I can shoot around maybe once a week early in the morning.  I also checked out the pickle ball paddles,  but I didn't buy them yet. Today, I just needed a basketball.

But really, there isn't anything else I want to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment