Thursday, August 12, 2021

How To Make Tuna

One of the things I decided to do being semi-retired was to learn how to cook some basic things.  Here are the things I've "cooked" in my life: pasta, tuna, and maybe there's a couple other ones.  It's a sad list for sure, but I decided to change that.  

I stopped making tuna because my wife told me to. Somehow I was making a mess and if I wanted tuna I just had to ask her.  That kind of worked for awhile.  I started just saying the letter "t" and she knew what I wanted.  But, now that I'm home four days a week, I knew I had to make my own tuna.

I asked her to make tuna and I would take notes, which she eventually did a couple weeks ago.  Now that I have the notes I'm asking her today to stand by me and watch me make tuna. This will be more difficult for her to watch, but the pressure will really be on me. Wish me luck, it is 11:20 am.

It took another hour or so, but my wife agreed to stand by me while I attempted this difficult feat. I took out my notes which are below. (notice the "Tuna" to the far right so I don't mix it up with all my other notes on cooking things.) I immediately ran into problems reading my notes and I had to make some additional changes.



I couldn't remember where the can opener was and where to place it on the can, but I did remember to hit the button so it rotates around the can. My wife's instructions to mash up the tuna were, "flake it, break it, shake it," which are pretty good lyrics I think. I didn't put enough mayo in, but finally the color of the tuna did change.  I did try to keep the little pieces of tuna in the measuring cup and not on the counter, but a couple did get away. 

Finally, my wife's nightmare was over and we finished and it was time to eat.  My wife did say, "you really don't know anything about cooking." She's known me for 41 years, so this was not new information she was sharing with me.  She also said, "I can make tuna for you anytime you want." I assured her, "I will let you make tuna for me again sometime." I did say it as I was laughing of course.  Below is the tuna we ate for lunch, it was good and I MADE IT!



No comments:

Post a Comment