Monday, August 2, 2021

The Night of The Snake

It would be a great movie title, don't you think? Over the years there are moments in your life that are truly unforgettable. After a day of driving which was memorable, I did not expect that the evening would be unforgettable also.

After dinner, we were going to take a short walk and two doors down from us, we stopped dead in our tracks.  On the side of our neighbor's house was something big and black.  Here is my first picture:

 

We were alarmed because it looked like a very large snake.  My concern was how thick it was.  I didn't get too close to it, but I focused in on it and I could see the fur(?) or skin.  It was not moving, but I did think I saw it move once.  We moved away and told one of our neighbors and then went back for another look.  I took a second picture and it had straightened out, so we knew it had moved.

We got another neighbor and he decided that he was going to kill it with his shovel.  Below is the picture of him with his shovel as sundown hit our street. 


It was a tense moment with about a half dozen neighbors watching as he approached the snake ready to chop it's head off.  Moments later, we were all laughing hysterically since the scary snake was actually a small, black, piece of tarp.  I still can't believe it wasn't a snake! 

This morning we took another walk and I'm happy to report there are no snakes or tarp in the neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment