Tuesday, August 10, 2021

The Newest Member of Our Family

 No, it is not another dog or even a cat-it's an indoor exercise bike! Years ago, we had a treadmill that we got some use out of, but I needed to have something that I could get a workout in the middle of a hot day without being outside in the heat.

There are so many different kinds of indoor bikes and they range from $200 to under $1,000 dollars.  The picture below is the aerial view of me standing over it.  It's not a good picture, I know. Some things are not designed to look really good in a picture and I think this is one of them.  I was going to have my wife take a picture of me in action on the machine, but I figured you didn't need another picture of me. I can sit in the chair and watch a show on the computer of even read a book.

My wife and I put it together in just over an hour.  When I say my wife and I, I clearly mean, my wife put it together.  My job is to get the box in the house and take everything out and one day throw out the garbage and cardboard. (probably tomorrow) I did put in a few screws, but her aptitude for putting things together is at least 15 times mine.  She did a great job.

To celebrate my new bike, I put on my favorite movie, "Field of Dreams" and road the bike for 45 minutes.  I sweated and enjoyed the movie of course.  The true test will be tomorrow when I can see if my legs will move.  I think I'll be fine.




No comments:

Post a Comment