Wednesday, November 15, 2023

MY MOST MEMORABLE RIDER COMMENTS IN NOVEMBER

 This was a very short month for, but still there were some interesting and amusing comments: 


She: "It's one of the scariest things I've ever seen. It was still dark when I was driving and there were about twenty deer gathered in the church parking lot. It was like a deer cult and it looked like they were planning something deadly.'

The guy visiting Charleston from England said, "My pub is older than Charleston, founded in 1674."

I told him that we finally got a TV after five years and he said, "Now you can put music on it and dance with your wife in the kitchen." (She said no)

The four seamen in the British Navy, told me, "We had a successful trip. We confiscated 200 million pounds of cocaine from the cartel." 

The Yankee fan explained, "My dad and grandfather were both Yankee fans but they switched to the Red Sox when the Red Sox lost the World Series to the Cardinals in 1946 and in 1967. In 2004, the Red Sox beat the Cardinals, but I did not switch."

She: "I'm in customer service and I use some of the same skills I used when I was in mental health."

The longshoreman told me he was going to a six day conference. Me: "What do they do for six days?" Him: "They tell you how to stay out of jail and what their expectations are."

I asked the realtor what he does to succeed with this market and he replied, "You have to be the cutest girl at the dance."

The upper-end realtor has a new broker: "You always get your first hundred cards free, but they charged me $400 for them." She showed me the $4 business card and it's not worth it.

I told the two British guys that I thought the five most popular British people are John, Paul, George, Ringo, and Winston Churchill.  He said, "I'd have to put Queen Elizabeth in there and leave Ringo off."

Immediately after her brother's funeral, the woman took an Uber to the airport in Philadelphia.  She said, "The driver was Buddhist and for some reason he recited a prayer, the same prayer that was just said at the funeral.  He had lived in forty different countries and he somehow knew what I needed.  He told me that I was in the living stage and I needed to live."

She was From Denver, Colorado,  and she told me a great Christmas story that she read about in the paper: "A woman was at a gas station and saw a young woman crying in her car with two small children. The young woman said she had just gotten out of a bad relationship and was trying to get back to family in the mid-west but she had no more money.  The older woman took her credit card and filled up the young woman's tank and gave her money to get some food for her kids at McDonalds which was next store.  The young woman asked, 'Are you an angel?' The older woman said, "This time of year they are pretty busy up there, so sometimes angels take the form of humans."


He said, "My real name is Loch, it's Scottish."

He said, "My name is Cuan, it means "Chief of the World."


ABOUT MY MANNEQUIN

She: "I have a mannequin head too, Her name is Karen and my grandmother gave her to me ten years ago. She's on the shelf above my TV."

I told the guy that my mannequin Lily had great hair, much better than mine.  He said, "She looks good, you both do."


ABOUT ME AND MY CAR

After hearing I was on TV, he said, "I'm in the, "Famous Uber."

Flight attendant talking with her husband on the phone in Charlotte: He said to me, "I saw you on TV." She said, "I'm so glad I got you."

She: "This is the most unique and coolest Uber I've ever been in."

She said, "You just don't give a ride, you give an experience."


No comments:

Post a Comment