Thursday, November 30, 2023

The Mystery of The Missing Sweatpants

Happy Thanksgiving! I have returned from vacation and December will be a busy month for me blogging.

Columbo, Perry Mason, Jim Rockford and Adrian Monk, were all brilliant in figuring out who did it and explaining the unexplainable.  But, did they ever solve a mystery like this? How does a man lose 33% of his sweatpants at the same time?

The first of my vacation blogs occurred as I was packing to leave. I have six sweatpants, two old ones that I alternate sleeping in because they are thin.  Of the other four, two look very nice and two used to look nice.

The picture below is where my sweatpants go, and one from each group were missing.  I looked all over the house in the normal places and some of the other ones.


I checked the family room twice and the washer and dryer. I checked the bathroom, under the sink and in the bathroom closet, where they have never been. My wife looked in the house and my sweatpants were still missing. Did they run off together? Were they stolen? Did I leave them somewhere?

Arriving in Tennessee the next day on our way to Colorado, I opened the hotel bag we had packed and one of the missing sweatpants was right on top. The second missing pair was right below the first one. Before I started packing seriously, I took a couple things and put them in the hotel bag my wife was making. I completely forgot that I did it and I drove six hundred miles the first day trying to figure out where my sweatpants had gone.

Sometimes something lost is just something misplaced.




No comments:

Post a Comment